Our Commitment to Privacy
IRA Financial Trust Company (“IRA Financial”) is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of personal information about our current and prospective customers.
The privacy policies of IRA Financial are reviewed annually. Our printed and online notices are then updated to reflect any changes.
How and why we obtain personal information
IRA Financial takes great care to protect personal information about you and when we use it, we do so with respect for your privacy. We may use personal information about you to service, maintain, and protect your account; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries from you or your representative; develop, offer, and deliver products and services; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. IRA Financial may collect public and non-public personal information about you from any of the following sources:
- You or your representative on applications or forms (for example, name, address, Social Security number, birth date, assets and income).
- You or your employer or plan sponsor.
- Transactional activity in your account.
- Other interactions with IRA Financial (for example, discussions with our customer service staff or information you enter into our websites).
- Information from consumer reporting agencies (for example, to assess your creditworthiness for margin products).
- Information from other third-party data services (for example, to verify your identity and to better understand your product and service needs).
- You or your representative regarding your preferences (for example, your choice of electronic statement delivery or the screen layout you specify if you use our Internet sites).
- Other sources with your consent or with the consent of your representative (for example, from other institutions if you transfer positions into IRA Financial).
How we protect information about you
IRA Financial considers the protection of personal information to be a foundation of customer trust and a sound business practice. We employ physical, electronic and procedural controls and we regularly adapt these controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
At IRA Financial, we restrict access to personal information to those who require it to develop, support, offer and deliver products and services to you.
How we share information about you with third parties
IRA financial does not share personal information about our customers with unaffiliated third parties for use in marketing their products and services. We may share personal information with the following entities:
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, printing and mailing companies, securities clearinghouses, marketing service providers, and other entities who may provide services at IRA Financials direction).
- Government agencies, other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax purposes or for reporting suspicious transactions).
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative (for example, if you use IRA Financial as a financial reference in applying for credit with another institution), or as permitted or required by law (for example, for fraud prevention).
- Our service providers are obligated to keep the personal information we share with them confidential and use it only to provide services specified by IRA Financial.
- Based on the nature of your relationship with IRA Financial, we may exchange information with other third parties as described below:
- If you conduct business with IRA Financial through an authorized representative, we may exchange information we collect with your representative or with others they may authorize.
How we share information about you within IRA Financial
We may share personal information about you with various IRA Financial corporate affiliates including internal service providers, which perform, for example, printing, mailing, and data processing services.
Additionally, if you interact with IRA Financial directly as an individual investor (including joint account holders) or if IRA Financial provides services to your employee, we may exchange certain information about you with IRA Financial affiliates for their use in marketing products and services as allowed by law.
Information collected from IRA Financial representatives from customers is not shared with IRA Financial affiliates for marketing purposes, except with your consent and as allowed by law.
Cookies help us to collect information about you and other visitors to IRA Financial Websites, including date and time of visit, pages viewed, amount of time spent on our sites, or general information about the device used to access the site. Cookies are also used for security purposes and to personalize your experience, such as customizing your screen layout.
You can refuse or delete cookies. Most browsers and mobile devices offer their own settings to manage cookies. If you refuse a cookie when on an IRA Financial Website, or if you delete cookies, you may lose functionality. For example, you may not be able to sign in and access your account, or we may not be able to recognize you, your device, or your online preferences.
Data Security Online
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
If you are a former customer, these policies also apply to you; we treat your information with the same care as we do information about current customers.
IRA Financial offers several options for accessing and, if necessary, correcting your account information. You can review your information using your statements, or through our automated telephone or Internet services. Specific Internet addresses, mailing addresses and telephone numbers are listed on your statements and other correspondence.